Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easy & Cute Clutch!

It's been a bit since I've blogged here! Things have been busy on our end. We've done some trips/weekends away and then I came down with a bad cold...so crafting took a back seat to life for a bit. But I'm back!

My latest project is actually a second of something I made awhile back.  They're very simple clutch purses.

You need:

2 fat quarters ($1.00 a piece at Walmart)
Fusible interfacing (Ranges depending on what type you get)
A button or clasp
Thread
 Any additional decor you'd like to add




You first just measure the fat quarter to the size of clutch you want to make. A full fat quarter would make an over-sized clutch. I cut out two rectangles. I cut the interfacing to the same size and shape. Ironed a piece of interfacing onto each fat quarter. Then I sewed the fabric right sides facing each other. I left a small opening. Turned the piece out. Ironed it flat, sewed the opening close.

On one of the clutches I sewed ric-rac into the seam of the top of the clutch so that it just hardly sticks out.

One clutch I used a button and the button function on my sewing machine. On the other I used a small clutch. And sewed a bead on the outside.

And ta-dah!

Here's the first:

And the inside:





And the second:
And the inside (I will go back and clean up the threading that is visible.)

I love how easy and inexpensive this project is. You can go as simple or as elaborate as you want. And again, with this being so cheap, I can make as many as I want!





No comments:

Post a Comment